Monday, 9 June 2008

Labmates day out...materialising Jane Austen's

Oleh kerana kekurangan masa untuk bercerita, this entry is going to be short. This happened on Friday evening.

Thanks to Nabil for the invitation to Classical Indian music performance, fusion with a modern instrument. FYI, one has to be a member of the college to invite others for certain events. It was held in the Master's Lodge, St.John's College.

Before the show.......

Me, Evan, Nabil and Terry (they are from the lab next door) went for dinner in Nandos. I chose vegetarian burger. Surprisingly sedappp!! But lupe nak amik gmbar sebab I was struggling to understand ape yg my frens cakap. Nabil and Evan dengan slang american die, terry is an english. So, agak konpius di situ! Tapi takpe, hopefully lame2 my ear dah dapat adapt n adjust. In a day, kene tukar channel US, UK, German, Chezh and Malaysia. LOL tapi bagusla jgk kn...I have to admit, a bit embarassing at times sebab tak faham. Have you ever watched "midsomer murder" in Hallmark? Begitulah mereka bercakap. LOST at times..Hehe

Master's Lodge - is an exquisite mansion where the master of the college lives. Seriously, the interior is exactly like what you see in the movie 'Pride and Prejudice'. oh, I LURRVVEEE that movie. If you've seen this type of movie (pride and prejudice, Sense and sensibility, Persuasion, Emma / Emma Harte, the count of monte cristo dan yang seangkatan dengannya), you can certainly imagine where I was. Oh thanks to ibu yang mmg meng-encourage saya menonton cerita2 sebegini sewaktu kecil. She is an avid reader. That's how I come to know of these novels, which was later on adapted into films.
I read, watch, fantasize and dream about these love stories - memang kuat berangan! These also influenced me on choosing the interior design of my room back home. Wallpaper mestilah rosy, dressing table made up wood, dark brown of course and matching satin flowery-paterned curtains...very the english! Hm..rindu la plak kt rumah...Ok, hilang fokus!

Back to the show... Mr. Amit Chaudri was the voice of the night. He was wonderful. I love the fusion. There was a pianao, guitar, tabla and bass. Memang best the songs. Serius terasa nak tgk cerita tamil and hindustan! Hehehe...I loike! One thing though, I can't tell whether the audience was enjoying the show or not. They didn't move! As for me, I almost got up and dance! Cewah..there you go, influenced by tamil/hindustani movies..huhu I mean, patut ade sedikit body language la kn. Dah semua orang static, segan saye tau...

*Oh yes, tak amik gmbar dlm mansion sgt, sb kurang sesuai....rumah orang kn*


Front: Nabil n Me
Back : Terry and Evan

From Left : Evan, Tucker, Sanaya, Terry, Me

Okeyy..not so short entry after all. Hehe. Aktiviti harini (sunday) lagi menarik, tp ngantuk dah ni. But its a must-do posting. So, later aje lah k..nite2

~ dreaming of Mr. Darcy, I'll be the Elizabeth, of course!~

No comments: