Wednesday, 27 August 2008

When Jehan goes haywire

I do not intend to start this writing with sighs and complaints and blaming and whatsoever. Yes, I found myself doing exactly that more often lately. That's when I decided not to blog at all at that time of distress. Well, every now and then I deserve to cry my heart out, but not always. yes, I ALWAYS grumble about work lately. hehe not a good habit i reckon. But hey, kalau susah hati, mmg sukar la..takde mood okk! But I'm holding on. I think I am one of the group of people who has an extensive level of patience and optimism (cewah). See, over confident gitu! Anyway, let 's just put a stop to the moaning now. (although I'm sure I'll be back with more pretty soon) Heck, at least for now I'm feeling good. ;)
Ok, just updating...

1-Work

Alhamdulillah, labwork will finally come to an end! Yay!!! Not totally though. The plan is to let go of all the full-time labwork (I'm talking about 9am to 10pm here) by end of this week or first week of september. Sama ada ada result atau tidak still have to let go or else I won't be able to meet the due date. The rest of the month will be devoted for writing. Maybe every now and then has to visit the lab for few hours, tgk plates and collect new results (if there's any). So I am very glad to go into the next level. Another target was to finish as much as possible before ramadhan.

Praise be to God, for giving me strength. Haih, mmg rasa nk giveup sometime. And yes, I finally managed to confront tuan penyelia. Let her be clear of my stand on this project. Berkelip-kelip jugaklah mata ni nak menahan air mata, tapi akhirnya berjaya jgk menghabiskan ayat-ayatku (I'm intrinsically a weeper, too bad) "Tahniah jehan, bravo..trabo..." kehkeh If I let her push me again and again, I'll go mad. Seriously this time, takde ruang toleransi ye.

2-Familia

Almost every morning I make calls to either ibu or along or angah. Abang kadang2 je sebab very expensive the calling charges to NZ. Since I got back from the lab very late, I just have to wait until its 7.30 or 8am in Malaysia, then I'm sure ibu mesti tgh siap2 nak keluar breakfast and maybe hantar along pergi kerja. Sempat la borak2 dlm half an hour or more everyday. There's always something to talk about. I realized I'm missing them more than ever lately. I'm not sad (alhamdulillah), and I'm not homesick (that's a lie!), I just want to know what's going on back home. And now, I am constantly updated to the little bits. I loike! Angah busy dgn tempat kerja baru and at the same time preparing for her own wedding at end of the year. Lawa la kunun..i trust your taste.
The little Einstein

At times, wil lask ibu or along to bring the phone to Mikayo so that I can listen to his voice. Comel! I am officially called Mak Ann ok! What happen to the suggested names for me earlier on like aunty J, mummy jehan, or anty ann?? Now it's either Mak Ann or Maklang ok! Terasa sedikit tua dari status sebenar (hehe) but honestly I don't really mind. And, am planning for ibu to come. Yayy..It's good timing since it's not the high season and matta fair will starts in september. Jimat duit makcik. ;) Kalau boley nak suruh datang minggu ni jgk, tapi sabar..sabar..let me finish with work then bley jalan2.
3-Friends

Many apologies to Kak Zetty for not updating on her wedding day. Alhamdulillah, on August 15th, she is officially Hefni's wife. The solemnization ceremony took place in KL and the reception at both sides went well, so I was told. Kak Ina also said she looked stunning and I totally agree with her. The dress simply gorgeous and for me its a total classic. So I like it. Again, congratulations babe! My prayers are with you and Hefni, semoga kekal ke akhir hayat. Mari kita tunggu Kak Ina's and Kak Lin's wedding plak. As for me and intan, kami beri kakak2 laluan ;)

The bride and groom
*wedding pictures will only be uploaded once I get the consent from either izyan darling or the bride herself.

Ejannz, a good friend of mine from Dublin came to cambridge last weekend with her sis and housemate. Being a good tour guide (yeker) I brought them to King's college and punting and lepaking on Parker's piece. Weather was extremely nice but towards the end of the day the whole cambridge stinked! Tatau ape pasal. So ejannz, hope that won't be your last memory of cambridge. Hahah

Staphanie, Ejannz and her 'anak ikan', James ;) btw, her definition of anak ikan is different.

Ina, Staph, Ejannz and Jehan

*we met in ASASI way back in 2002. She's a friend of Farah (my best friend there) and we had a good time together. Unfortunately, (or was it fortunately ejannz??) she was there for few months and left for Kolej Mara Banting, in...Banting!

Sorry to Kak Belle, Kak Suffee, Kak Zura and the rest of the cambridge family, cant make it to the makan-makan the other day. Experiments tersalah budget time. By the time I'm done, kedai dah tutup and tak dapat nak beli any snacks for my part. Takkan datang empty handed kan, malu la kunun...So to Abang Khairul, Kak Zura and Daud, selamat pulak ke tanah air setelah 3 tahun (or more) menetap di cambridge. Good luck!

Makcik-makcik di malaysia pulak...I called cik rauda sebelum die ke lab and chat with layana kejap smlm. Winnie, still can't get hold of you, tapi mau tunjuk sesuatu sama kamu..mission almost accomplish! ;)

4-Asraf

Wah, ada special category untuk pakcik ni? Mesti tersengih sorang-sorang kan? Hehe What should I say about you? Hurm, he played football the other day and got 3rd place. Siap pihak urusetia tak puas hati lagi. According to him his team was suppose to be the champ. Lawak je, macam hari sukan kat sekolah rendah siap ada pihak tak puas hati. Hehe All in all, he's busy la akhir-akhir ni...bagus2..takdela kacau orang. wah wah wah....thanks for the company *wink*

5-Entertainment

Not much. All I can obsess about at this very limited time is just watching ezora during dinner. Pastu terus tidur! Zzzzzzzz....................Oh yes, sometimes when I'm bored, browsing the best sites for euro trip (with ibu,soon) - no progress though, can't concentrate.

6-Health / Self

After the long awaited ******, finally today it appears....alhamdulillah. I know when I am extremely busy, I will have the tendency to become ill. As precautions, I cooked proper meal, eat well, start to take my multivitamin (again, after skipping this routine for so many times), consume lots of fruits (more than usual) and as preparation for ramadhan, I drink lots n lots of plain water. Yesterday tried to walk to the lab, rasanya kurang penat berbanding berbasikal, but takes 20-25 minutes. I'm thinking if I should walk instead during fasting. Normally everytime I reached the lab (cycling), I'll feel extremely thirsty. Kalau berjalan, relax je. I guess coz I was cycling too fast. Heheh

Alrite, enuff for now. Pray for me people. For health success and happiness ;)
~Everytime you are feeling low, count your blessings~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jehan dearest, thank you for the lovely wishes. nnt i'll update u with the details ya. u take care over there. c u soon. *takmau balikkkkk*

Unknown said...

As for me and intan, kami beri kakak2 laluan ;)-> i was just about to ask you, when's your turn? haha. tapi u dah jawab dulu. ;P