Sunday, 12 April 2009

When best friends meet

Meet my two best friends in Asasi, UM...




SEVEN years ago, God brought us together in a place called Pusat Asasi Sains Universiti Malaya (PASUM). All three of us stayed in different rooms, floor and block in the hostel but for some (good) reason, we were placed in the same group. If I remember correctly, it was Group R3. It was during the first tutorial class when we first met.

I can still remember the first few words uttered by Farah. They sounded more or less like this, “Hi, tempat ni kosong tak?” while pointing to an unoccupied seat beside me. I said takde, and so she settled down beside me. We had to wait for the first tutor to arrive, so without feeling awkward we exchanged names and started to break the ice…

You know the feeling when you came into a room full with unfamiliar faces. The first thing to do was to get to know each other. Most likely, you will get along with the first person you talk to, true? If he/she happened to be a pleasant one to be with, that person would be your next best friend.

THAT’s exactly the case for me and Farah…

At that time, Alia has already found her "table-mate". I dont know what happen to that girl, but somehow after a while we tend to stick together. We walked to lecture theathre and tutorial together, had lunch and dinner most of the time, as I said TOGETHER.

I have always thought that perhaps NOT many people liked us very much then (for some reasons), but the truth came out today when Alia revealed a friend's confession that we were actually known as the "geng jahat" in ASASI. Hahhh??!! I really dont know how many people thought of us that way. Some, yes, but not many I guess. Mungkin cuma gadis-gadis yang envy us for being such playful and attractive (muahaha) girls. Alia and Farah pulak thought that we were popular. Hah?? Babes, popular for the wrong reasons?? Haihh... Again, I am not sure. If only I could make all ex-ASASIan to commit to a survey on their perception of us! Then only I would know...Because, kami tak jahat lar...cuma nakal jer...Hehe


What was the worst thing we did anyway?

Attend lectures lambat! Lambat as in at the same time the lecturers came in or later... : YES

Attent class tutorials lambat! Lambat as in at the same time the tutors came in or later... : YES

Geng duduk last row in lecture hall and tutorial class : YES

Tak salin nota, instead makan keropok or scribbling dalam lecture hall : YES

Tak siap tutorial questions so we had to borrow our friends' completed sheets : YES
*Owh this part, we were laughing out loud while recapping this part of our "bad habit". Tebalnya muka aku time tu untuk pinjam tutorial orang. WHAT WAS I THINKING??*

Dinner with our big group (which consisted of mostly guys!) in "Cafe Luar" Kolej-11 sampai jam 10-11pm : YES
*They are good friends anyway, but sort of a bad influence jgkla. Haha*

That was the reason we did not complete our tutorial assigments? : again..YES

So....I think that's not too bad. You think? Perhaps they jumped into some nasty conclusions after observing our so relax and tak kesah attitude. TETTT! Wrong answer.

Kami budak baik..... ;P


OK, so we all admitted that we regret our actions for not being more serious in studies and lack of focus during ASASI year (although it was one hell of a FUN year...like seriously!) But one good thing about us (cewahh) we did not, i repeat, DID NOT waste the next few years of our lives. All three struggled our way to the top in what we were doing. Bukan riak, cuma kata2 ingatan...

Alhamdulillah..kami sekarang sudah menjadi "orang", bak kata Alia. Farah was the best student for her batch (in IT), Alia has succesfully made her way to completing a masters degree in UPM with a patent (the fruit peeler) and won an award for that too, and I am grateful to be at a place where I have never imagined going for masters. All in all, we did learned our lessons...and we learnt it the hard way. I guess that's the one thing the three of us have in common.


So, that was just the intro of the entry....


Today's reunion was about celebrating. Celebrating Mrs. Alia's coming birthday. We had our lunch at Chilis in Midvalley at around 11am. Our initial plan to watch movie was cancelled because there was too much catching up to be done. 7 years of stories...So as I have imagined, the restaurant haru-biru every now and then because of our loud (and disturbing) laughter.

Alia and her most expensive rib-eye steak. Pastu tak habis! Grr..mentang2lah kami belanja

Alia and her surprise birthday cake! Alia responded only a few seconds later after she finally realized the singing was meant for her! Huhu Minah blur

Making wishes and blowing the candle

With the birthday girl



Me and Alia


I think we spent nearly 3 and half hours in chilis chatting. We decided we had had enough. But in fact we headed to New Zealand (ice cream cafe) and sat there for another 2 hours. By the end of the day, jaw masing2 dah cramp! Hehe

The large cup filled with 3 yummylicious scoops of different ice cream flavour.
By the time we couldn't stuff anymore carbs and sugar into our stomaches, we decided to call it a day. Besides, I had to run off to Banting for a kenduri, Alia had to spend time with hubby as well and Farah had to rush back.
So..the whole day well spent. With a great and lovely company, indeed.

I guess, we were celebrating our hopefully eternal friendship as well. ;)
Goodnight and have a restful Sunday
XOXO

6 comments:

the girl in stiletto said...

where is me in the story? :( tau la saye tutorial gp lain..... hahahaha wah so nice to see good ol friends from good ol days.....

Puan ALeya said...

thanks so much jehan...bestnye smlm kan...tak sedar mase berlalu..

maunye jaw tak cramp, pot pet dari pukul 12 tghari smpai ke pukul 5.30...heheheh...

thanks to u and farah!!!...luv both of u sooo muchhhh!!!

dAkBaiK said...

enjoy membaca :)
best erk bila da berjaya..pastu tgk balik sejarah
:)

MISS J @Lagapas said...

~the girl in stiletto~

Haha...Sorry makcik! I kene buat entry lain lah pulak on how we met! But surely our friendship then (and now) is a memorable one and worth to be cherished ;) And yup, mmg best jumpa balik macik2 ASASI ni ;)

~Puan Aleya~

Hehe..Happy 25th Birthday Alia..hope you like the pressie. Semalam mmg best giler! Should do it again. Who's birthday is next btw? Love u too kak long! ;)

~dakbaik~

Thanks kerana sudi membaca..belumlah berjaya lagi, cuma sekurang-kurangnya berjaya menebus semula kesilapan lalu...Hikhik ;)

ellieandcarl'sstories said...

kan besh nnt my besday de org wat surprise cam tuh gak.. for sure tak wat blur.. muahah.. :) come with present lagi syiokkk.. :))

Zul Ilham said...

aku rase ade logicnyer korang digelar 'geng jahat'...hahaha! no offense! aku setuju satu lagi bende...1 year in asasi mmg really a fun one! at least for most of us if not for all kann...