A piece of advice from my dad (who also set foot in England for the first time on his own at 18) -just be calm, if you penat, you duduk and think. You tak tau, you tanye orang and the signs are everywhere to guide you. He is so right. Being me (yang agak cepat panick at times), I tend to get lost easily. LOST is like my middle name. Hihihi So yup, I did exactly that. I asked people (at the airport) just to make sure I got the right bus or taking the right exits, carefully reading the directions and signboards, all at the same time keeping guard of my huge-heavy-bulky luggage. Bukannya apa, kalau kat Malaysia kan kita drive..kalau silap pun U-turn je lah. But in this case, the coach ticket price was 33pound (if I remember correctly), so kalau silap takkan soka hati je nak suruh bus stop kan. Plus, damn damn expensive! Well anyway, it was a success to reach cambridge
Fast forward I year later, here I am, at the end of my MPhil... God knows how much I've cherished (and mourned) my life in Cambridge. It's a lifetime experience (as far as I am concerned). Independent sunggoh!
Here are collections of pictures to bring you on a journey of Miss J from Klang all the way to Cambridge the magnificente!!
Snapshots with Fac. Biotech staffs, students, plus messing with Rauda in her lab. Can't remember when exactly. I guess this was 1 week before leaving


There was a makan-makan (or was it kenduri) at my house two days before departure. All staffs of Biotech Fac. were invited and these were the people who turned up. Memang terharu sebab they arrived in 3-4 cars. And this is Selvi and her hand-made gift for me. It's a calendar of 2008 containing pictures of me, her, fahmie, and many more. How toughtful of her. Apart from the bulky-ness I compressed it into my luggage so that I can bring it along to England. Now it's in my college room ;) That's Fahmie and Er also RAs in the faculty.
Ini adalah barisan lecturer dan staff faculty yang sudi datang. I hope the food was good. Can hardly remember now. On the same day, they presented me a pink winter jacket as a departing gift. I tried it on instantly to show how I appreciate it. Mind you, it was bloody HOT on that day. But I dont have any pictures of it. Now I remember, Dr. Yap had an entry about this. When I read it again now. I can only say sigh (in grateful)......cepat btul masa berlalu and how I am blessed. So, bersyukur lah Miss J oii..kala susah dan senang...
During the night of the same day, as usual my family suke je ada karaoke lah, persembahan lah. Memang meriah.. Oh, I used to love all the fame and limelight. Masa kecik2 la..sekarang tidak lagi. If not, sure I dah sign up for AF7! Muahaha Anyway, these are my lil cousins who performed a tradisional dance. And then they sang a song originally called 'Bila Rindu' by VE but modified the lyrics. It's funny to read it again. Later I'll show you. They are truly adorable, me cousins...
And there I was.....the long-awaited day had finally come...3rd November in KLIA. My flight was at 11.55 I think. So technically, on 4th November sharp I'm off from KL..
With abang and Along (and Mikayo inside)
With Abang again and Angah
Family picture
Friends who came to send me off...thanks guys. Yayy we'll meet real soon
Final family picture before I cried my heart out. Muahaha Sudah terasa sebak2 time ni...All the way to the gate I was praying silently. Memang nervous habis lah. But my mind was realy focus then.. I was sad to leave my family behind, but far more excited to start on a new journey.
About an hour after saying goodbyes, I'm already in the plane enjoying the business class treatment by the cabin crew. Muahaha..(oh, made a call to Asraf in the waiting room). Special thanks to my cousin brother, Abg Awie who made sure I get in on time and my seat was secured and for carrying the bags and so on. You are super-duber talented ;)
I think I watched series of movies for 3 hours, slept for 3 hours and then continue with movie marathon. I was reading some books as well I think. Then uncle yang duduk sebelah I (not seen in picture) was super-nice. He's a jet-fighter (I think!) and gave me advice on stuffs. Thanks pakcik..wherever you are now
Alhamdulillah...sudah sampai heathrow....But this is outside heathrow, at the coach station where I have to take a national express bus to cambridge. I didn't know which stop to wait at first, so I asked the pekerja. He made a joke i think, but I responded like 10 seconds later to digest the information I just received from him. owh owh..he was trying to be funny...Susah nak paham okayyy. But then it was all right ;)
Apepun, alhamdulillah sudah setahun di sini and still alive (literally and metaphorically) as life has been tough in cambridge. Nonetheless, I would not exchange my life for anything in the world. Because there were equally pleasure memories that I treasure here. Thanks to my family who has been supporting me all the way, with motivation and prayers. Friends back home and here in cambridge who has also been a wonderful group of support. I owe this to all of you.
*emo seketika*
Pray for the V day people..and then, mission accomplished



9 comments:
u are very lucky having the chance to explore new things the world can offer..guess it would be a very memorable journey in your life..what you've been through- pursue master degree in the field you love in the other part of the world is the MOST desirable thing that I dream of, besides other important things that a must..but still haven't got the chance though..i wonder when my time will come..anyway, i wish you all the best in life..stay cool ok:)
proud of u sis..byk sbb ok..u my ex senior, u from kuantan oso..u study dekat Cambridge..hehe...uni yg sgt2 terkenal..but i'll be there for holiday jerk...i.allah if ade rezki futher my study there..early jan buat praktikal dekat soton. but i need pay them..dont know why..mmg macam 2 erk??huhuhu...selamat pulang Miss J..nnt ur juior blanje mam sata n otak2..xpon kopok leko..kt uk ade ker??but kne tunggu me balik mesia la dlu..huhuhu... (:
Jehan,went through ur journey to be in UK,was remind me a lots of things!!!..Like yours,I was also went to UK on my own...my God,feel like unbelievable plus,my parent was worried about my journey alone to UK,especially my mum..but,I used to berserah pada Allah,and I tried to managed everythings as good as I can,such as pasport,all paramount documents,huge luggage,laptop bag,etc...seems like I cant imagine the momment...:-)arrived at Heathrow Airport London in early morning,at 6 am,then had to find out for the national express coach bus,which is I had to pay almost 50 pound for bus to Preston!!!..sooo expensive like yours...(dah tu kalau tak nak bayar,nak stay kat heathrow ke kan)...hehe..the bus then has to stopped at Birmingham bus station,which is I didnt had any option,other than had to moved out all the heavy stuffs ALONE to another bus to Preston...rasa nak nangis time tu,cause takde troli...huhu...but well jehan,all these were our unforgettable journey rite?...:-) syukur to Allah swt...finally we were safely arrived at UK...:-)
oh yaa!!...I noticed that you'll go back to Malaysia rite??..when the exactly date@month jehan??...my God!!!..I really want to meet you jehan...:-( Can we meet up maybe before you go back for good??...but dunno how...hope to see you Jehan...:-)
Good Luck and All the best Jehan!!!..always pray for ur success my dear...you can doit!!!...again,all the best for ur viva,k...
salam dr Preston,Lancashire:
-Faiza-
babe, you're going back already?!?!? when!?!?!?!?!
awwww...you'll be leaving soon!!?? tak best nye... sedey sedey... =(
~hana~
Thanks for the wishes cik hana. It is indeed an unforgetable experience and I am very grateful for what I have. I wish you all the best in life and I'm sure one day your time will come...We just have to make the best out of whatever is given to us by God, dont we? So, hang in there and savour every minute of your life ;) Take care
~Faiza~
Har har..mmg cuak kan time ni. But sangat seronok to recap all the feelings. Comparing myself then and today, I feel so much more confident. And yes, alhamdulillah selamat sampai and takde barang2 yang hilang. Hehe
Yes Cik Faiza, I wish we can meet up too. So far still duno the exact date. Nanti dah tau, maybe I can arrange something ;) *fingers crossed* Again, many thanks for the wishes!! The pressure is starting to get to me...grrr
~she.nono~
Huhu, sini kopok lekor takde, yang ada piggy oink-oink! Muahaha Taktau pulak praktikal kite yang kene bayar, pelik tu..Well, i duno much about that. OOo..bercuti-cuti ker..bestnyer..jeles i!!! And bagusla kalau dpt further kat sini. Let me know nanti okeh. Apepun, all d best la yer ;)
~the girl in stiletto~
babe! it's going to be end of this month! Me hapy, but the sad part is I mite no be coming back.. ;( Will let you know...grrr
~mrs. z~
Owhh...you are making it harder for me. I dah la sebak2 dah ni...memang dah start rasa sedeih...duno why.. ;(
We were proud of you a year ago, and we're still very proud of you today!
Looking forward to your return Ms J.
Post a Comment