Wednesday, 15 October 2008

Raya Preparations?

Contradictory to the preparations in Malaysia (obviously!), my preparation for raya this year was NOTHING close to :

* a visit to SACC in shah alam to buy kain baju kurung
* jumpa aunty Mei-Hua, the all time favret tailor
* testing kuih raya
* sending kad raya
* kemas-kemas umah
* tukar langsir (forced to!)
* beli gifts for atok and nenek
* and what else...i cant remember!

Instead, I was stuck in my college to finish my dissertation..struggling with piles of journals..until the Big Day itself! Grrr....Ok, boring part! I am not keen on elaborating on my thesis. Let's get back to the raya mode.

So, some of the things I manage to do before raya comes...

(1) Send postcards to abang in NZ, and atok in Klang (using cambridge postcards that I bought since last year!)


(2) Send this raya basket to familia in Shah Alam, and one to Fac. Biotech UNISEL. According to ibu, it did not look so impressive - the filling and decorations I mean. I guess, tak semeriah gambar di bawah ni. How would I know, I ordered everything online! Rugi duit makcik..But then again, the thought that counts. Sampai on time at Along's house, but in UNISEL, taktau sape yang receive it! Thanks to Kak Suw kerana keluarkan the hamper during Biotech's open house. Tak cukup untuk semua orang la tapi ;)


(3) Send Asraf his Raya gift..in the form of flower bouquet! Tantekk...Tapi sampai sana 3rd Raya...I thought it would be nice for him to decorate his house anytime he's having guest during raya open house or whatever. Until now, he's been feeding the flowers with panadols and vitamin Cs..Gilos..overdose bunga-bunga itu...haha

That's all about my Raya prep ;)


*updated*

In return, one day before raya, I received this...

Raya card

and early birthday prezzie..i loike! Thanks lokter! ;)

2 comments:

shah said...

kirim la postcard cambridge kat saye pulakkk

=p

sabrina.h said...

wahh kalau sab tau kuih raya kt biotek ari tue jehan yg sent,confirm sab makan uhuhuhuhu